The topics are:
- Shooter-spotter dialogue
- Advanced rifle scope: scope tracking/(bubble) levels
- Creating an accurate range card
- Kestrel Advanced
- Advanced wind: how to read wind and how to adjust for it
- Ballistics: internal and external ballistics
- Ammunition: opportunities and limitations (muzzle velocity / accuracy / precision)
All classes are on the range (no class rooms). The lessons consist of about 10% theory followed by the direct implementation/shooting practice (90%) afterwards.
Experience, equipment and skills required:
Some experience and fairly confident shooting at 500 to 1.000 meter.
Preferably EXLRS 1-mile patch members: those who have hit 1.600 meter, or similar experience.
After this course you will be able to:
Hit any target an Known Distance (KD) within the capabilities of your weapon system.
Make your own accurate range card at any shooting range.
Determine wind speed and direction individually.
Adjust the scope for distance and wind and hit the target first round hit or within several shots on any shooting range.
Reservations and bookings:
Check out the Solid Solution Designs booking page to book this course. There are usually several courses per event. The courses are divided over the shooting season so this means that not every course might be offered for each individual event.